Plan B is a mid-size, full-service creative agency on the hunt for a department manager for our web development team. This position requires a highly-skilled hybrid who’s day is 80% management and 20% full stack dev.
In a nutshell, we’re looking for someone who:
- Has years of management and coding under their belt
- Is as equally comfortable coordinating complex project timetables, assigning projects, and mentoring junior developers as they are coding websites
- Thrives in the fast-paced nature of an agency, can handle multiple projects at a time, and is comfortable with high volumes of work. We’re a small agency who gets shit done.
Sound like you? My name is Hailey—I’m our Digital Art Director and I’m in need of your help!
Our creative ad shops cranks out an unbelievable amount of work, in large part due to our highly flexible internal team structure where the workflow of UI/UX designers and art directors seamlessly interfaces with our front and back-end teams. We build emails, websites, landing pages, digital ad campaigns and custom apps from the ground up––bringing the best digital solutions to bear on marketing campaign initiatives of all kinds.
- Managing the workflow of our dev team, assigning projects, developing timelines, and ensuring the team works efficiently toward meeting those deadlines
- Mentoring, teaching, and providing professional development tools to junior level developers
- Actively collaborating with account folks, creatives, copywriters, and our agency partners in meeting digital development needs of all kinds
- Working along side our senior developer on high-profile projects
- Stepping in occasionally with hands-on coding support for our dev team’s modulating schedule
- Presenting digital work and best practices internally and to clients, making even complex digital concepts seem simple/possible
- Attending our weekly “Stone Soup” happy hour
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE IS SOMEONE WHO
- Pushes the boundaries of what is truly exceptional
- Is well versed in industry best practices and modern design
- Can sell the merits of sound digital strategy to less digitally savvy audiences
- Isn’t afraid to speak up and face management challenges head on
- Offers a calm, collected and positive voice…even in high-stress situations
- Fearlessly takes initiative
- Values in-person communication (we love Basecamp, Trello, and texting, but some of the best communication occurs when we look up from our screens)
- Is willing to assume some of the dev team’s coding responsibilities
- 8+ years of hands-on web development experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Demonstrated experience building responsive, cross-browser compatible websites
- Experience with Photoshop and Sketch layouts to build custom websites
- Experience customizing or creating WordPress plug-ins
- A core understanding of industry best practices across digital channels
- Proven ability to manage multiple, ongoing timelines, as well as on the spot tasks
- Ability to perform light administration duties on back-end hosting environments from Windows to Linux
- Proficient in Structured Query Language
- Experience forecasting project timelines and work efforts
- Ability to recruit/hire/source web dev talent to satisfy client needs
- Flexibility to adapt to design requirement changes
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Knowledge of optimizing images for different platforms is a plus
- Experience with version control (GIT, Subversion) is a plus
Send a resume, references, and examples of your work to email@example.com.