Do you live on Instagram, eat in 280-character bites, and sleep dreaming of blockbuster social media campaigns? Do you have 3+ years of experience managing social media for clients and/or companies, helping to drive strategy, and crafting content that’s clever, accurate and aligned with brand voice? Are you seeking a full-time opportunity for an exciting leadership role helping to take social media marketing to new heights for a diverse roster of consumer and B2B brands in an array of fascinating industries? Well, then we’re interested in hearing from you.
Plan B [the agency alternative]™is a fast-paced, full-service creative agency in River North serving clients across a swath of industries ranging from fitness and automotive to interior design, technology and more. Our social media workload is exploding at a rapid rate, and we’re looking for a rock star Social Media Specialist with a high-powered creative and detail-oriented mind to play a key role in helping our dynamic and collaborative social media team continue firing on all cylinders.
HERE’S WHAT YOUR TYPICAL WORK WEEK WOULD LOOK LIKE
- Assist senior manager with developing social media strategy and implementing marketing plans aligned with client objectives and goals for key channels
- Collaborate to develop social media content calendars, execute campaigns and handle day-to-day management of various client accounts, adhering to internal review and approval process
- Write, edit and schedule social media posts, working with talented copywriters, art directors and account executives to craft clever content that is aligned with larger marketing strategy and brand standards
- Participate in client status calls and content-planning sessions
- Manage incoming client requests related to social media and content needs
- Monitor, measure and report on social media analytics
- Stay up to date with social media best practices, trends and technologies
- Proactively share ideas about how we can continue to up our social media game
- Identify and communicate with industry influencers for potential campaigns
- 3+ years of experience managing social media for an agency or company
- Excellent knowledge of social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, as well as social media marketing best practices
- Experience creating and managing social media content calendars
- Experience creating and executing social media campaigns
- Familiarity with social media marketing tools such as Sprout Social
- Understanding of social media analytics, measurement and reporting
- Excellent writing and editing skills – a stickler for accuracy and details!
- Excellent multitasking and time-management skills
- Critical and creative thinker with problem-solving skills
- Great communicator and team player
WHY PLAN B?
Plan B is never boring. We’ve managed to maintain a flat organizational structure, an agile development style and the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up, even after 20 years in business. We work with both Fortune 500 companies and the innovative startups who move culture forward – so the work is rewarding, relevant and dialed into the exciting ambience of our connected world.
As a highly strategic creative boutique, we understand how game-changing, category-killing creative work emerges from powerful insights that are properly driven through complex multi-channel executions.
If you qualify for this opportunity and are looking to grow in a collaborative, high-performance environment with plenty of career potential, please send a short cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high number of responses, we are regretfully unable to provide a reply to all applicants. Please be assured that your application has been received and if your qualifications meet our immediate needs, someone will be in contact.
Local Chicago candidates only.