Are you a talented PHP developer in search of your next challenge? Are you someone who enjoys staying on top of industry trends and changes? Do you enjoy teamwork and thrive in a fast-paced environment?
Plan B is a mid-size creative agency on the hunt for a Senior PHP Developer with 6+ years experience developing and maintaining eCommerce websites. We are looking for someone who can handle multiple projects at once and possesses excellent communication skills along with strong attention to detail.
This is a full-time onsite position, with flexibility to work remote for the right candidate.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Writing high-quality, clean Object Oriented code using MVC frameworks, such as Yii 2 and CodeIgniter
- Developing, testing and releasing custom eCommerce features
- Integrating payment gateways into new or existing applications
- Integrating third-party REST and SOAP APIs, and building custom REST APIs as needed
- Cloning production websites and setting up alternate instances for staging and development, syncing instances as needed
- Maintaining website security and adhering to best practices
- Implementing performance and scalability optimizations
- Managing Node, Composer, NPM, Gulp and project packages
- Troubleshooting and debugging frontend and backend errors and reviewing server logs
- Integrating Content Management Systems, such as Craft CMS, Magento and WordPress
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to ensure quality across all target browsers and device types
- 6+ years experience using PHP and MySQL
- Proven experience building eCommerce websites and applications
- Expert knowledge of Payment Card Industry standards with proven experience implementing proper safeguards and performing vulnerability testing and assessment
- Experience with CSS frameworks, such as Bootstrap
- Expert knowledge of DNS
- Experience with CRM integration and website analytics and tracking
- Experience with version control and related tools, such as Git and Subversion
- Experience with using Photoshop and/or Sketch mockups to build custom websites
- Experience with website localization, geolocation and personalization
- Understanding of core differences between PHP versions and ability to upgrade project codebase to run on latest PHP releases
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or 8+ years hands-on development experience
*Plan B cannot offer sponsorship at this time. Applicants must already have authorization to work in the US.
If you qualify for this opportunity and are looking to grow in a collaborative, high-performance environment with plenty of career potential, please send a short cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high number of responses, we are regretfully unable to provide a reply to all applicants. Please be assured that your application has been received and if your qualifications meet our immediate needs, someone will be in contact.