Are you sick of the bureaucratic B.S. and petty politics that plague so many corporate-run agency environments? Tired of slick-talking know-it-all account heads watering down your ideas and pushing their personal preferences into your concepts? Is some pompous CD bogarting all your brilliant ideas? Have you been staring down that tiny clock in the corner of your screen, dying a slow death by disillusionment? It may be time for a plan B.
Get your mojo back at our rapidly expanding creative agency in River North where ideas still rule, and creative is king. Trade in that soulless churn and burn routine for a chance to really make your mark – and take your career to the next level in a fun, ego-free environment where it’s all about the work. If you feel your talent is going underutilized and/or under-appreciated, this could be your great escape.
We’re looking for an exceptionally talented digital thinker AND visual communicator—a Senior Designer with a beautiful mind who can take and own an assignment from start to finish, building thoughtful, strategy-driven creative work that turns heads out of the gate. A person with a digital-first mindset that is a champion of organized aesthetics, and a sworn enemy to mediocrity.
We have a growing roster of blue-chip clients who demand rock star work, so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to flex that creative muscle here, and to work alongside talented colleagues in producing what will likely be some of your finest work. Get ready for healthy portions of both B2B and B2C as part of a steady diet of digital, mobile, print, direct, and yes, even video.
If you share this commitment to producing top-shelf, award-winning creative work, this could be a match made in River North. Local candidates only, please.
- A portfolio showing a wide range of clients and project types, particularly web/digital/email/social design, campaign concepting and production, and print experience.
- Strong conceptual and critical thinking skills
- Excellent ability to explain and support your thinking
- Exceptional organizational skills: your file naming is impeccable, your file structure immaculate
- A great attitude, ability to take criticism, willingness to learn; able to absorb and apply feedback quickly with a positive outlook.
- Strong knowledge of color, typography, design and graphic principles
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver exceptional design work for their client projects.
- Deadline driven, get it done mentality
- Be able to participate and help refine internal processes and services and offerings of the departments
- BFA / BA / BS
- 3-5 years experience designing for web and digital media
- Strong communication skills and ability to stay on-task with projects through completion
- An online portfolio demonstrating your typography, design, and/or illustration skills
- Strong concepting and design skills
- A solid foundation in typography, layout and design
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent visual, written and verbal communication skills
- A penchant for details and organization, including the ability to prioritize tasks, communicate progress and meet deadlines
- The ability to effectively take direction and work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Ability to meet all deadlines under pressure and can react to unexpected schedule changes and fluctuations in workload
- Experience with juggling multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Video Production & Post Production – basic experience with Adobe Premiere. AfterEffects a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive – Docs, Sheets, Slides
- Familiarity working with development teams (front end web design knowledge a plus for communication)
- Solid foundation in the principles of UI and UX, concept development, brand development
Want to take your career by the reins in a fun, fast-paced creative shop? Shoot a resume, brief cover note, and relevant samples to firstname.lastname@example.org