Our nimble, high powered creative department has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and versatile copywriter to help us wax poetic (and strategic!) on a wide variety of writing assignments across an equally wide range of industries from fitness to health care to automotive. If you’re looking for an opportunity to have more of an impact on more client businesses, this could be the role for you.
Our Senior Copywriter is a highly reliable, go-to member of the creative team…actively collaborating with account leads and art directors in creating strategic marketing communications of all kinds. From supercars to senior living, luxury appliances to health care…you’ll be doing it all. Brand concepts, email campaigns, collateral copy, websites and landing pages, video scripts…you name it.
In addition to crafting highly impactful and effective copy, the Senior Copywriter also comes up with smart, insight-driven ad and campaign concepts, reviews the work of junior team members, carefully proofs work on the way out the door, supports the creative team on client calls and in presentations when required, and demonstrates a willingness to engage in constructive debate about creative ideas and how to best address a client’s challenge.
If you’re tired of phoning in the same old copy assignments day after day and want to challenge yourself in a fast-paced and fun environment where hard work and initiative are rewarded, show us what you got and let’s connect!
• Minimum 5 years professional copywriting experience in an agency environment
• Exceptional command of the English language and a stickler for the rules of Grammar (syntax, style, punctuation, and publishing standards)
• B2B and B2C copywriting experience
• Strong understanding of fundamental advertising and marketing principles
• Willingness to engage in constructive debate about client needs and possible solutions
• Resourceful, fast-learning writer who can pick up and emulate different brand tones/voices quickly and generate solid working drafts
• Efficient, independent writer capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously, managing own schedule, and reliably delivering strong work on time
• A well-worded portfolio reflecting short and long copy assignment work
- Generates copy and concepts for projects/campaigns to meet strategic marketing objectives
- Attends creative input meetings with account teams and/or clients when required
- Collaborates with multi-disciplinary team of creative professionals to consistently produce impactful copy that is on-brand and on-strategy
- Works closely with account/creative leads, helping the agency sell its best thinking to clients
- Sells creative copy/concepts internally (and to clients when requested)
- Takes ownership of copy briefs and answers them to a very high standard
- Develops strategic creative concepts that are in-line with current media trends
- Reviews creative work, taking consistency of messaging, strategic accuracy and adherence to client goals and brand guidelines into account
- Manages multiple projects, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly
- Meets deadlines and stays within budget constraints
Interested copywriting professionals who meet the above Requirements, and who have the credentials and work to back up their candidacy, should send a brief cover note, resume and samples to seniorcopywriter19@