The Project Manager works with the client service team to manage all marketing communications projects for assigned clients. Involved from new business meetings and pitches through project completion, the Project Manager is responsible for initiating proposals and project plans with client partners, then guiding the project through development and creative to ensure flawless execution. The Project Manager is the liaison between the client and the agency creative team. An effective problem-solver on a day-to-day basis, the project manager must be adept at anticipating problems and recognizing opportunities.
The Project Manager requires superior project management skills. S/he must be a conscientious team player and a good organizer. This person also demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications skills. The Project Manager is a creative problem solver, exhibiting initiative and a take-charge attitude.
Reports to assigned Account Director.
WHY PLAN B?
Plan B is never boring. We’ve managed to maintain a flat organizational structure, an agile development style and the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up, even after nearly 20 years in business. We work with both Fortune 500 companies and the innovative startups who move culture forward — so the work is rewarding, relevant and dialed into the exciting ambience of our connected world.
As a highly strategic creative boutique, we understand how game-changing, category-killing creative work emerges from powerful insights that are properly driven through complex multi-channel executions by motivated project leaders like you. In return, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Highly-competitive Salary
- Equity/Profit-sharing Program
- Liberal PTO Program (including summer hours)
- Continuing Education Support Opportunities
- Full Health Benefits
- Limited Matching Contributions to Any Non-profit of Your Choice
- Decent coffee
- Smart, fun, passionate, ass-busting colleagues
- We don’t do weekends (or many late nights)
QUALIFICATIONS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 1-3 years of ad agency experience required
- Acts as the primary client contact for assigned projects, developing relationships with clients and working closely with them to learn their business and communication needs.
- Works closely with all agency department staff to develop and implement strategic project plans.
- Has a thorough understanding of the planning, creative and production processes.
- Proactively gathers the necessary information to plan and implement each client project.
- Provides timely issuance of all documentation: proposals, project initiations, creative briefs, estimates, timelines, meeting summaries, and status and budget reports.
- Manages time and financial resources to ensure client projects are on time and on budget.
- Handles monthly billing and reconciliation of all projects for assigned clients; maintains ongoing accounting status reports for clients.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
If you qualify for this opportunity and are looking to grow in a collaborative, fast-paced, high-performance environment with plenty of career potential, please send a short cover letter and attached resume to email@example.com
Local Chicago candidates only.
Due to the high number of responses, we are regretfully unable to provide a reply to all applicants. Please be assured that your application has been received and if your qualifications meet our immediate needs, someone will be in contact.