Will you be taking a great leap forward in 2020?
We’re getting a fresh start in a whole new workspace and are looking for an outspoken and dynamic creative leader to help us climb to even greater heights. If you’ve been considering a fresh start yourself…this is Plan B.
Leadership wanted. This is a creative department leadership position requiring a practiced passion for leading a multi-disciplinary team of talented art directors, designers, coders, videographers, UI/UX designers and motion graphics specialists…at both the boardroom level and in the trenches at the executional level. An understanding of what it takes to put personal pride and ego aside in the interest of raising the quality and effectiveness of everyone’s visual creative work as though it were your own is absolutely essential.
Likewise, a strong servile leadership style, from concept collaboration through presentation management, is essential. To clumsily quote Steve Jobs, “We don’t hire smart people and then tell them what to do. We hire smart people so that they can tell US what to do.” In other words, this is NOT a management training opportunity — we’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running and apply the management systems and processes and style they’ve developed and practiced.
Plan B is immersed in true omni-channel brand building — delivering a multiplicity of tactically diverse traditional and digital marketing experiences. With video and mobile emerging as de facto drivers of the modern media mix, we’re in need of someone with a more visionary approach to cross-platform integration. Someone who can steer the ship creatively in terms of not only what can be done…but what should be done. And someone with the next-gen digital and video development background to help us spot what opportunities even exist on an ever-expanding digital landscape.
ABOUT PLAN B
We’re a passionate group of unapologetic ad geeks and best-of-breed specialists who develop and deliver world-class, highly strategic, visual and messaging insights that elevate the meaningfulness of how our clients’ brands are perceived in an increasingly digital world. Our ‘words-to-work-by’ are ‘Exceptional is the Rule’ — an attempt to capture the ongoing ‘Good Enough — Isn’t’ battle against the forces of mediocrity at the core of our ‘alternative’ spirit.
We’ve retained a flat organizational structure, an agile creative development style and the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up — even after 20+ years in business. We work with both Fortune 500 companies and the innovative startups who move culture forward — so the work is rewarding, relevant and dialed in to the exciting ambience of our connected world.
REQUIREMENTS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Visionary leadership that cascades naturally downstream
- 5+ years of creative leadership, training and experience
- Practiced experience with both traditional and digital tactic development and execution
- Enough ‘scrappy’ experience to never become paralyzed by time or budget realities that might restrict creative process
- A generous, collaborative spirit and a seeker of mentoring opportunities
- A desire to innovate and help build a department…to eagerly tackle the new and unfamiliar, and independently move forward with the thoughtful conviction of an entrepreneur
- Comfortable managing a multitude of projects simultaneously
- A thinker, a day-dreamer, a non-traditional outlier who wants to believe in what they’re doing, who they’re doing it with, and who they’re doing it for
- A stellar portfolio of cross-channel creative work
- Local to Chicago preferred
- Highly-Competitive Salary
- Equity/Profit-sharing Program
- Liberal PTO Program
- Continuing Education Support Opportunities
- Full Health Benefits
- Limited Matching Contributions to Any Non-profit of Your Choice
- Decent coffee — that’s open to challenge by a visionary leader
- Smart, fun, passionate, ass-busting colleagues
- We don’t do weekends, or very many late nights
Get your new year off to an exciting start by exploring the potential of a position at Plan B. Qualified applicants should send a brief cover letter, portfolio, and resume by using the form below.