Are you a dynamic leader capable of thinking on your feet while working in a highly agile, fast-paced environment? Then we want you.
What do you really want from your job? More than just a paycheck—right? Maybe you want a hands-on opportunity to lead accounts and grow an account team, develop strong bonds with clients, create programs to acquire and retain customers, support client business initiatives, and to work alongside a ridiculously-talented creative team. All at an agency where your overall sense of passion and purpose in life can really make a difference.
Maybe it’s time for Plan B, where “Exceptional is the Rule”.
We’re a progressive, full-service ad agency in River North with an opportunity for an Account Executive with 3+ years of creative agency experience. What our team needs now is a cool-headed, uber-organized self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit that can serve as the client’s “go-to” partner, and oversee a team that delivers projects on-time and on-budget, consistently exceeding client expectations.
Our clients’ marketing needs are many and varied, so the right candidate will need to be resourceful as you interface with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client. Advanced verbal, written and presentation communications skills are essential, as you must be comfortable in front of C-suite audiences, adept at taking a supporting position. Your input will be required for development of strategic marketing plans and then, after plans are developed and presented to clients, you will be responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis.
Plan B is nimble by nature; we’ve spoiled our clients by expediently producing great creative work time after time, over-delivering and exceeding expectations every chance we get. If you’re a cool-headed, organized self-starter with a can-do attitude who’s ready to take the wheel as a client’s “go-to” partner, let’s talk!
This role reports directly to the Account Group Director and supervises project managers and junior account interns.
Before banging that “apply now” button, please review the requirements below to see if you qualify. Nothing says, “I lack attention to detail” like applying for a job for which you are not qualified.
— Qualifications / Accountabilities
- 3+ years of ad agency experience required
- Proficient with Excel, Word and PowerPoint or Keynote.
- Team player with excellent project management skills and works well under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, particularly as it pertains to workflow, timeline and estimate development.
- Prepares client invoices, proposals, and marketing communications.
- Regularly checks for and responds to all client communications.
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Reviews billing prior to release to clients; works with Finance Manager to ensure prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Monitors competitive and multi-industry trends.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Brings tactical and strategic added-value to programs and accounts on an ongoing basis.
- Authors, edits and proofreads a full range of materials, including process documents, client correspondence, PowerPoint presentations, reports, etc.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Reliably manages day-to-day activities for several clients simultaneously.
- Develops strong relationships with senior client contacts and agency creative teams.
- Presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients.
- Proactively thinks about clients’ businesses to identify opportunities to add value and drive growth.
- Interest in and/or experience mentoring junior account team members a PLUS.
— WHY PLAN B?
Plan B is never boring. We’ve managed to maintain a flat organizational structure, an agile development style and the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up, even after nearly 20 years in business. We work with both Fortune 500 companies and the innovative startups who move culture forward — so the work is rewarding, relevant and dialed into the exciting ambience of our connected world.
As a highly strategic creative boutique, we understand how game-changing, category-killing creative work emerges from powerful insights that are properly driven through complex multi-channel executions by motivated account leaders like you. In return, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Equity/Profit-sharing Program
- Liberal PTO Program (including summer hours)
- Continuing Education Support Opportunities
- Full Health Benefits
- Limited Matching Contributions to Any Non-profit of Your Choice
- Decent coffee
- Smart, fun, passionate, ass-busting colleagues
- We don’t do weekends (or many late nights)
— APPLY TODAY
If you qualify for this opportunity and are looking to grow in a collaborative, fast-paced, high-performance environment with plenty of career potential, please send a short cover letter and attached resume to email@example.com
Local Chicago candidates only.
Due to the high number of responses, we are regretfully unable to provide a reply to all applicants. Please be assured that your application has been received and if your qualifications meet our immediate needs, someone will be in contact.