Are the internal politics at your “traditional” agency holding you back? Ever long for the entrepreneurial freedom to really drive your client’s business forward? Do you sometimes feel you could be making more of an impact without the bureaucratic layers of B.S. between you and the clients you serve?
Maybe it’s time for a Plan B. Plan B [the agency alternative]™ is a progressive, full-service ad agency located in River North and we’re in need of a nose-to-the-grindstone Account Executive with 3+ years of creative agency experience. We’re offering the right person a hands-on opportunity to take the day-to-day lead on key accounts, developing strong bonds with some motivated clients and working alongside a ridiculously-talented creative team – all at an agency where your overall sense of passion and purpose in life can make a difference.
Our clients’ marketing needs are many and varied, so the right candidate will need to be resourceful as you interface with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client. Advanced verbal, written, and presentation communications skills are essential, as you must be comfortable in front of C-suite audiences, adept at taking a supporting position. Your input will be required for development of strategic marketing plans and then, after plans are developed and presented to clients, you will be responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis.
Plan B is nimble by nature; we’ve spoiled our clients by expediently producing great creative work time after time, over-delivering and exceeding expectations every chance we get. If you’re a cool-headed, organized self-starter with a can-do attitude who’s ready to take the wheel as a client’s “go-to” partner, let’s talk!
This role reports directly to the Account Director and Director of Client Services, and supervises account coordinators and junior account interns.
— Qualifications / Accountabilities
- 3+ years of ad agency experience required
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint or Keynote.
- Team player with excellent project management skills and works well under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, particularly as it pertains to workflow, timeline, and estimate development.
- Prepares client invoices, proposals, and marketing communications.
- Regularly checks for and responds to all client communications.
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Reviews billing prior to release to clients; works with Finance Manager to ensure prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Monitors competitive and multi-industry trends.
- Regularly informs Account Director of progress for assigned clients; involves Account Director immediately in event of potential problems, i.e., client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Brings tactical and strategic added-value to programs and accounts on an ongoing basis.
- Authors, edits, and proofreads a full range of materials, including process documents, client correspondence, PowerPoint presentations, reports, etc.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Reliably manages day-to-day activities for several clients simultaneously.
- Develops strong relationships with senior client contacts and agency creative teams.
- Presents, sells, and defends all agency work/proposals to clients.
- Proactively thinks about clients’ businesses to identify opportunities to add value and drive growth.
- Interest in and/or experience mentoring junior account team members a PLUS.
— WHY PLAN B?
Plan B is never boring. We’ve managed to maintain a flat organizational structure, an agile development style and the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up, even after nearly 20 years in business. We work with both Fortune 500 companies and the innovative startups who move culture forward — so the work is rewarding, relevant and dialed into the exciting ambience of our connected world.
As a highly strategic creative boutique, we understand how game-changing, category-killing creative work emerges from powerful insights that are properly driven through complex multi-channel executions by motivated account leaders like you. In return, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Equity/Profit-sharing Program
- Liberal PTO Program (including summer hours)
- Continuing Education Support Opportunities
- Full Health Benefits
- Limited Matching Contributions to Any Non-profit of Your Choice
- Decent coffee
- Smart, fun, passionate, ass-busting colleagues
- We don’t do weekends (or many late nights)
— APPLY TODAY
If you qualify for this opportunity and are looking to grow in a collaborative, fast-paced, high-performance environment with plenty of career potential, please send a short cover letter and attached resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Chicago candidates only.
Due to the high number of responses, we are regretfully unable to provide a reply to all applicants. Please be assured that your application has been received and if your qualifications meet our immediate needs, someone will be in contact.